LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT ADVISORY SERVICE
The new Leadership & Management Advisory Service, aimed at supporting the senior leaders of businesses with the potential for high or fast growth, launched on 1st April 2011. Through the Service, owner managers and senior leaders of businesses and social enterprises with plans and potential to achieve high growth have a great opportunity to develop their leadership and management skills.
Understand what skills the senior leader needs - an impartial and experienced Leadership and Management Adviser will help to identify personal development needs at a face to face meeting at the place of work or other convenient venue.
Finding the right solution - the Adviser knows what solutions and providers will develop leadership and management skills and can help find the right one to suit individual needs.
Up to £1000 in grant funding to help pay for the training solution - this grant will pay for 50% of the fees up to the maximum amount of £1000. As importantly, the Adviser will agree with how this investment matched by their own will achieve measureable returns for the business.
Ongoing Support - we will keep in contact to provide additional advice to help make the most of the learning and identify what other support is available to help realise the growth plans
Private sector businesses or social enterprises that:-
• Have fewer than 250 full time equivalent employees, and
• Have at least one full time equivalent employee in addition to the applicant, and
• Display the potential for high or fast growth defined as -
I. If trading for more than 12 months have the potential to increase turnover by 20% each year for three years
II. If trading for less than 12 months have the potential to achieve a turnover of £500,000 within three years of starting trading
For organisations with fewer than 50 employees, this will normally be the managing director, owner or chief executive. For organisations with 50+ employees this can be the senior leader or another leader reporting directly to them.
• Only one grant claim can be made for a maximum of 50% of the cost of the training excluding VAT and not exceeding £1000
• The training must have started and claimed within 90 days of the grant being approved
The Grant must be used for:
Leadership and Management Development Solutions that develop skills to enable the applicant to fully engage and optimise the contribution of their staff and therefore grow the business.
Eligible provision will fall under one of the following categories:-
• Developing a highly effective personal leadership and management style - including strategic thinking and effective communication.
• Creating a joint enterprise culture with the workforce - including developing an innovative, creative and productive culture for the organisation, developing productive working relationships, reducing and managing workplace conflict.
• Planning and developing an effective organisation and teams - including recruitment, selection and departure, building and managing effective, creative and innovative teams, conveying vision and objective setting.
• Leading and managing employee high performance - including employee motivation and commitment, delivering value, learning and development.
Solutions could be delivered by:
• Online training
• Training programmes
• Bespoke/tailored training options
• Peer learning
• Qualification based programmes
For more info on training, click here training