Locating and obtaining funds for your social enterprise can be complicated, yet as with any business, is a key area that you will need to spend a considerable amount of time researching in order to convert your ideas into a viable and sustainable business, in order to meet your social and environmental objectives.
As a starting point, we strongly recommend that you contacted your local social enterprise network, who will be able to offer you access to practical advice and support and guide you through the process.
A lack of access to appropriate finance can be a significant barrier to the growth of your business, therefore research is key.
The following external web links are a good starting point for this research. In addiiton, our 'Sources of Finance factsheet' can be downloaded via the 'DOWNLOADS' box above.
(Please note that the se² partnership cannot accept responsibility for the content published on external websites)
On-line Grant Search Databases:
- No-Nonsense Guide to Small Business Funding and No-Nonsense Guide to Finance for High Growth Companies - The Business Link No-Nonsense Guides are easy to use guides for small businesses and people who are considering setting businesses up.
- Seven Secrets of Successful Fundraising - A Handbook & Manual for the Professional Fundraiser (ebook)
- Unlocking the Potential: A guide to finance for social enterprise - Social Enterprise Coalition
Social Enterprise Coalition Consultations:
- OTS consultation on the Risk capital investment fund for social enterprise (November 2007)
- OTS consultation on the Community Assets Fund Consultation (June 2007)
- OTS re-tender of the Futurebuilders Fund - time sensitive questions consultation (July 2007)
- HM Treasury and Cabinet Office consultation on the Operation of CITR and Other Tax Incentives (February 2007)