There are many organisations, agencies, partners and support bodies that are all dedicated to the support and development of the social enterprise sector.
Some of these can be accessed by clicking on the following links:
(Please note that the se² partnership cannot accept any responsibility for the content published on external websites)
South East Local Social Enterprise Networks:
- Social Enterprise Berkshire - Berkshire
- More than Profit - Brighton & Hove
- Buckinghamshire Social Enterprise Network - Buckinghamshire
- East Sussex Social Enterprise Network - East Sussex
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight Social Enterprise Network - Hampshire and Isle of Wight
- Kent & Medway Social Enterprise Network - Kent & Medway
- Milton Keynes Social Enterprise Network - Milton Keynes
- Oxfordshire Social Enterprise Network - Oxfordshire
- Surrey Network for Social Enterprise - Surrey
- SEASON - Network for Social Enterprise Advisers in the South East
- West Sussex Social Enterprise Network - West Sussex
- Co-operatives South East - the voice for the co-operative sector in the region
- Finance South East - Not-for-profit organisation providing advice on accessing finance
- Ladder for Learning - Online database of learning and training opportunities for community and voluntary groups in South East
- Regional Action and Involvement South East (RAISE) - Organisation enabling voluntary/community organisations in the South East to influence regional policy
Other Regional Partnerships
- Social Enterprise London
- North-East Social Enterprise Partnership
- RISE (Regional Infrastructure for Social Enterprise)
- Social Enterprise East Midlands
- Social Enterprise East of England
- Social Enterprise Yorkshire and Humber
- Social Enterprise West Midlands
- Social Enterprise North West
Other National organisations
- ABCUL - Body representing Credit Unions
- ACAS - Acas gives advice and produces publications on a wide range of employment matters. Their range of booklets, leaflets and handbooks give practical guidance and advice for both employers and employees from writing a contract of employment, to holiday entitlement to the latest employment legislation.
- ACEVO - Professional body for third sector chief executives
- Action with Communities in Rural England - National umbrella body for rural community councils
- Architectural Heritage Fund - Grants for building preservation
- Association of Disabled Professionals - The ADP draws on the expertise of disabled professionals to improve the educational and employment opportunities of disabled people
- Awards for All
- The Baxi Partnership Ltd - Equity investment for employee-owned companies
- Big Lottery Fund - Focus on voluntary and community sector infrastructure, children's play, environmental projects, well-being and international aid.
- Bridges Community Ventures Ltd - Invests equity capital in SME's located in deprived wards and interested in Social Enterprises
- Business in the Community - Independent business led charity who's aim is ‘to create a public benefit by inspiring companies to improve the positive impact of business in society'
- Business Link - This is the national business advice service which offers support and advice to small businesses and supports social enterprises in their business plans.
- CAN - (formally Community Action Network) CAN supports social entrepreneurs to scale up their businesses and maximise their social impact.
- Change makers - Change makers is a resource site for social entrepreneurs
- Charity Bank - Makes loans to registered charities only.
- Charities Commission - for information on registering and running a charity
- Community Development Exchange - UK-wide membership-based organisation for community development. Sharing information through events
- Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFI's) - Independent financial institutions providing capital and support to develop and create wealth in disadvantaged communities
- Community Composting Network - National network for community management and use of bio-degradable resources
- Community Interest Regulator - Information on Community Interest Companies (CIC's)
- Community Recycling Network UK - Membership organisation promoting community based sustainable waste management
- Community Transport Association - National body for community transport
- Companies House - For information on Limited Companies (shares and guarantee)
- Co-operatives UK - The apex organisation for co-operative enterprise in the UK
- Department of Health Social Enterprise Unit - Working with social enterprise to deliver innovative health and social care services.
- Development Trusts Association - Association supporting and promoting Development Trusts and community enterprise.
- Edge Upstart Awards - Awards programme for businesses that offer innovative and sustainable solutions to business problems
- Esmee Fairbarn - Seeks to improve the quality of life, particularly for people and communities that face disadvantage
- Enterprise Insight - Campaign group encouraging youth enterprise
- Food & local Agriculture Information Resource (FLAIR) - Body enabling the development of a national food links network
- The Fredericks Foundation - Business start-up support for disadvantaged groups
- Furniture reuse network - The national body which supports, advises and develops furniture and appliance re-use
- Financial Services Authority (FSA) - for information on Industrial Provident Societies and Credit Unions
- Futurebuilders - Fund that enables the voluntary and community sector to engage in the delivery of public services.
- The Goodwill Gallery - Donated products and services for Charities
- Impetus Trust - Long term funding and capacity building for larger charities
- Industrial Common Ownership Finance Ltd - Established loan fund for social enterprises
- Lloyds TSB Foundation - Grant-making trust for charities
- Local Investment Fund - Provides loans to SMEs and social enterprises through a network of regional loan funds.
- National Care Forum - National body for voluntary organisations in health and social care
- National Council for Graduate Entrepreneurship - National body promoting entrepreneurship amongst graduates
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) - Umbrella body for the voluntary sector in England
- National Housing Federation (NHF) - The National body for housing associations and registered social landlords.
- NHS Social Enterprise Network - A network to explore and share knowledge on social enterprise in the NHS.
- Novas Scarman Group - (previously The Scarman Trust) - Funding opportunities for community projects
- Office of Civil Society - Supports the third sectors role in both society and the economy.
- Plunkett Foundation - Support democratic businesses in rural settings.
- PRIME - Business start-up support for over 50s including access to finance and has CDFI facility
- The Prince's Trust - National charity supporting young people into business, including social enterprise
- REACH - Opportunities to recruit volunteer retired business executives
- School for Social Entrepreneurs - The School for Social Entrepreneurs exists to provide training and opportunities to enable people to use their creative and entrepreneurial abilities more fully for social benefit.
- SETAS - Information portal for social enterprises
- Shop Social Enterprise - Body helping social enterprises break into the retail sector
- Social Economy Network - Northern Ireland's social economy contains an extensive resources section that allows user upload.
- Social Enterprise Coalition - The Social Enterprise Coalition is the UK's national body for social enterprise.
- Social Enterprise Training & Support Consortium - The Social Enterprise Training & Support Consortium (setas) has an information resource to help find the most appropriate social enterprise training, support or relevant publication. The website provides links training and support providers, and specialist publications specifically about social enterprise.
- Social Firms UK - Umbrella body for companies staffed substantially by disabled workers. Have a resources centre and can advise on issues such as employment and benefits.
- SPORTA - The Sports and Recreation Trust Association (SpoRTA) is the major platform for Leisure Trusts in the United Kingdom.
- Triodos Bank - Provides loans as well as arranging other forms of capital finance, including public equity offers. Specialises in supporting social and ethical firms and projects
- UK Social Investment Forum - UK network for sharing information about social responsible investment. ]
- Unity Trust Bank - Owned by the trade union movement and has a track record of lending to social economy projects
- UnLtd - Administers the Millennium grant fund.
- Venturesome Fund - Finance in the form of loans or equity, which can be used for income-generating activities for Charities
- ViRSA - Body supporting Community Shops
- Young Enterprise - Business and enterprise education charity